Instead of making New Years resolutions I figured I would just set myself some blogging and some personal goals that are realistic.
I’m pretty easily demotivated which is a major flaw of mine and it makes goals seem really far fetched so I’ve decided to make small goals that I truly believe that I can reach.
- 20k views – my wee blog is currently sitting at 11.9k views and I would really love to hit 20k. As long as I stick to a strict blogging schedule I think this is super realistic because it’s less than 700 views per month.
- 750 blog followers – at the moment I’m sitting on just over 500 followers and it would be amazing if I can gain 250 more
- 3k Instagram followers – okay, this one is kind of a loose goal. I am trying to not let number dictate my blog however I know that once I hit 3k there is a lot more opportunities for me and my blog
- Post twice a week – I’ve tried this before and failed at it but this year I am determined to get 2 posts up per week. My plan is to post on Monday’s and Thursdays!
- Get Organised – If you know me then you’ll know that I’m super disorganised at literally everything. I leave everything until last minute and it is really becoming a problem. I want to get myself a diary and actually use it and make sure that I’m making enough time to see my friends, family and boyfriend but also enough time to blog and be on my own too
- Complete a 5k – I’m pretty unfit but I figured what better place to start than a 5k and guess what? I have already signed up for one! In May, Zoe and I shall be taking part in the Edinburgh Marathon Festivals 5k and by doing so will be raising money for RMHC. Feel free to sponsor us >> https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/holly-zoe-emf-5k
- Savings – I know I know this was a resolution last year but this year is different! This year, I am no longer a student with a part time job. My aim is to save enough for a house deposit which does mean a hell of a lot of cut backs but I think I can do it!
- Practice Self Love – of course there has to be something like this in here but I really mean it. My confidence has been pretty low – despite what you may see from my social media – and with gaining weight and moving jobs it has been really difficult to be myself. I have started following a lot more people who preach about body confidence and loving yourself and I am starting to realise just how important it is without forcing yourself to be a size 8 or whatever!
What are your goals for 2019? – or do you have a reason for not setting any? I would love to know!
Best of luck with your goals for this year!
I have a few things I’d like to do this year and overall just want it to be a good happy year!
The best of luck to you too!
[…] you read my 2019 | BLOGGING AND PERSONAL GOALS post then you’ll know one of my goals is to have enough money by the end of the year to put […]
[…] June?? Already?? How on earth are we half way through the year?! 2019 truly is winging past! Since we are 6 months into the year I thought this was a great time to check in with my goals and see where I’m sitting with them all. If you haven’t read my 2019 goals you can read them here. […]