On Tuesday I set up a poll on Twitter to ask what you guys wanted to read this week and you guys chose to read My Top 5 Nude Lipsticks. Its coming up to summer and as much as I love a bright lip to match the sunshine I do still love a nude lip!
Nude lips are always a staple as they are simple and easy to rock no matter what kind of outfit or make up you may be wearing. Obviously there are many different shades and tones of nudes and it can be pretty difficult trying to find that one for you.
These lipsticks are in no particular order as I just couldn’t bring myself to chose an absolute favourite!
- MAC – Viva Glam 2. This lipstick is described as a muted pink beige with shimmer and has a Satin finish. A satin finish refers to the finish being semi matte but ‘movable’. This lipstick is just beautiful and is a major staple in my nude collection. Fun Fact – this was my first ever MAC Lipstick!
- Maybelline Colour Sensational – Tantalizing Taupe. This lipstick is a very sheer and glossy formula to the point where it almost looks like you are wearing a gloss rather than a lipstick. It’s very easy to chuck on and top up through-out the day.
- NYX Lip Lingerie – Push-Up. If you’ve read my Boots/NYX Order post then you may remember me pretty much slating this lipstick. I tried it out so many times and it just would not apply nicely at all however, a week ago I re-visited this lipstick and fell so in love. I have no idea what has changed however it applies beautifully and is pretty long lasting too. It’s a completely matte finish that is slightly drying but nothing too major.
- MUA LUXE Velvet Lip Lacquer – Harmony. It took my a little while to come round to this colour as its a very peachy toned nude. This nude definitely does need to be paired with a specific eye look but it is definitely worth it. MUA are a very inexpensive brand that sell relatively high quality products. The only thing I dislike about this lipstick is the smell. It’s like a strong black-current/medical smell and it often induces a major headache.
- Colour Pop Ultra Matte Lip – Times Square. For a while now I have neglected my Colour Pop lipsticks and just a few weeks ago I rediscovered my love for them! Times Square is described as a muted pink beige shade and is definitely leaning towards a brown nude. It is much by far the darkest nude out of my top 5 and honestly I think I’m probably pushing it calling it a nude but I’m sure you guys will let me off! As the title suggests this lipstick dries completely matte and this stuff does not budge easily and it is so affordable! (Minus the customs charge!)
Are any of these your favs? or is there a must have nude that I am missing? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading lovelies, see you Saturday!