Upon logging into WordPress this morning, I stumbled across these daily writing prompts and I thought it could be a fun little segment to add to my Blog. I’m not committing to doing this on the daily but it will be a good, quick way to get to know me better. Todays prompt is about TV and Movies.
This question hit a chord with me for sure. I re-watch TV shows and Movies until I can recite every word of every scene. My boyfriend isn’t a fan and definitely gets sick of it but for me it’s a real comfort. I love to have things on in the background whilst I work, cook or clean.
Whilst I won’t be able to list absolutely everything that I have re-watched – I thought I’d share my top 5 for each category.
MOVIES I HAVE WATCHED MORE THAN 5 TIMES
- Love Actually; I mean surely this one is very self-explanatory…. it’s an amazing film and not just at Christmas!
- Cars; The original one obviously! I don’t know what it is about Cars but I’m just internally obsessed with it. I even dressed up as Lightening McQueen for Halloween last year… KACHOW!
- Mulan; Again the original cartoon version rather than the live action one. I adore the girl power feel of this one and the soundtrack is on point
- Here Comes the Boom; I can’t lie, I’m a big fan of Kevin James. I just think he’s hilarious. Don’t get me wrong the story lines to a lot of his films are silly but they are guaranteed to make you giggle.
- Holiday in The Sun; 10 points to you if you remember this throwback! I used to watch this on repeat and everytime I hear the song “Holiday in the Sun” by Weezer, I just think of this movie
TV SHOWS I HAVE WATCHED MORE THAN 5 TIMES
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S; This won’t be a surprise to anyone who knows me. Yes, I have watched all 10 seasons of Friends faaaaaar more than 5 times. I grew up watching the series and it’s a major comfort programme to watch. I know many people don’t like it and think it’s rubbish but I can’t get enough of it
- Rick and Morty; At first, I didn’t like Rick and Morty. It probably took me 7+ episodes before I started enjoying it and now it’s something that gets chucked on in the background
- Brooklyn 99; Again this one took me a few episodes to get into but as the seasons progressed the storyline gets better and more hilarious
- Superstore; This was a show that Stephen found whilst we were both severely hungover one Sunday and I’m so glad he did. It’s such an easy watch
- Sex Education; Okay, so I don’t think I’ve watched this one 5 times over but it’s definitely at least 3 times! I think this was a great addition to Netflix that is genuinely so educational to younger audiences.
I definitely see a pattern to the things I re-watch. Movies I tend to re-watch are Disney or Pixar (I tried to not dominate the movie section with these!) and for TV shows they are all very easy going lighthearted sort of vibes.
Let me know in the comments any TV shows and Movies that you’ve re-watched!
Read recommendations: A Weekend in Venice